Dr. Damkerng P.
Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich
Dr. Pathomvanich has been certified and recertified by the American Board of Surgery. He is a Diplomate American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeon. He was honored as a ‘Pioneer’ posted in the Hair Forum International for his work in donor harvesting to minimize follicular transection. His technique is well known as the ‘Open Technique’. He is also the first pioneer that brought in state-of-the-art hair restoration surgery to Thailand. He has been on the original International Advisory Committee for the ISHRS, board of governor of ISHRS for the past three years and member of the ISHRS.Founder and past president of Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons.
- American Board of Surgery certified and recertified since 1979
- American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeon
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery , certificate by Fellowship training
Royal College of Thai Surgeon
The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand
- Curriculum Vitae of Damkerng Pathomvanich MD. Elementary school and college : St. Gabriel college, Bangkok, Thailand
- Medical Degree : Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand in
- Internship at St. Mary of Nazareth Hospital, Chicago, IL.
- Surgical residency training in Brooklyn, New York. Surgical house officer at Hillcrest Hospital Cleveland Ohio
- Private practice in general surgery, Kailua- Kona ,Hawaii
Fellowship in cosmetic & hair restoration surgery sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in at Center for Cosmetic Surgery in Little Rock, Arkansas and Stough Medical Associates in Hot Spring, Arkansas
- Private practice in Hair Restoration and Cosmetic Surgery in Bangkok, Thailand
- Director Fellowship Training Program in Hair Restoration Surgery (approved by ISHRS)
Hair transplant Forum International
- Should hair transplantation be performed in psoriasis? (Vol 22, No.4, p. 124, 2012)
- Does epinephrine influence post-surgical effluvium? A pilot study (Vol 22, No.3, p. 98, 2012)
- Hair transplantation in frontal fibrosing alopecia: a report of two cases (Vol 22, No.2, p. 49, 2012)
- How to manage intra-operative slippery grafts (Vol 21, No.2, p. 38, 2011)
- Trichorrhexis nodosa: an unusual hair transplant complication (Vol 22, No.1, p. 10, 2011)
- Slivering of the donor strip in normal saline to avoid graft desiccation (Vol 21, No.1, p. 12, 2011)
- Preliminary results using bent needles for transplanting extremely curly hair grafts (Vol 20, No.2, p. 46, 2010)
- Does scalp laxity increase with aging? (Vol 20, No.2, p. 50, 2010)
- Postoperative edema in mega session : Risk factors and our preventive protocol (May/June 2009)
- Follicular unit extraction: experience in the Chinese population (Vol 19, No.1, p. 14, 2009)
- A report of hospital-acquired Enterobacter infection following hair transplant surgery (Vol 19, No.3, p 97, 2009)
- Post Surgical Hair Loss in the Donor Site after Hair Transplantation: Anagen or Telogen Effluvium? (Vol 19, No.2, p. 20, 2009)
- Eyebrow Transplantation using Donor Hair from Sideburns (Vol 19, No.2 p.14, 2009)
- Removal of undesired grafts 5 days after transplantation. ( September- October 2008, Vol. 18, No. 5, p. 180)
- Laser assisted hairline placement (August- September 2008, Vol. 18, No.5, p.169)
- Plastic Needle Shield: A Two in One Solution (Vol 13,No.4 July Aug, 2003)Graft Solution and Storage, Cyberspace Chat. (Vol 13, No. 4, July -Aug, 2003)
- Transplanting into miniaturized hair;Cyberspace Chat. (Jan.-Feb., 2002 Vol. 12 No. 1, Page 15)
- Letter to the Editors. (Nov.-Dec., 2001 Vol. 11 No.6 p. 186)
- Donor harvesting,a new approach to minimizing injury to hair follicle. (Sept.-Oct., 1998, Vol.8 No.5, p. 1, 4-5)
- Eyebrow Transplantation in Asians ( 2009,35:496-504)
- A random study of Asian male androgenetic alopecia in Bangkok, Thailand. (Vol 28, no.9 Sept 2002, p804-807)
- Donor harvesting, a new approach to minimizing follicular transaction. (April 2000, - Vol. 26 No. 4 Page 345-348)
Health Magazine, Thailand
- Hair transplantation and the balding men. (No.6 ,p 27-38 June, 2001)
- What's new in hair transplantation. (No.7 July, 1999)
- Laser in hair transplantation. (No.3 March, 1996)
- A new approach for hair restoration. (No.2 February, 1992)
- Hair transplantation a dream for the balding men. (No.3 March, 1991)
The Thai Journal of Surgery
- Anatomical Restoration Surgery of the Eyebrow in Asian. (Vol 25, Number 2nd, 2004, p.47-52)
- The Art and Science of Hair Transplant. (Vol 24, No.3, Jan, 2003 p.73-80)
- THE NATION "FOCUS" Bangkok,Thailand . HAIRY TALES and other bald facts (Monday, April 7, 1997, section C page 1-2)
- Thai Medical Journal (No. 34-35 February-March, 1992).
- Hair Transplant 720, “Oral Minoxidil”, edited by Sam Lam, soon to be released
- Donor Harvesting: Open Technique, Hair Transplantation, 5th edition, Co-editors Shapiro R., Unger M., Unger R., 2011
- Donor Harvesting “skin hook technique” Hair Transplantation, Co-editors Shapiro R., Unger M., Unger R., 2011
- Hair transplantation in the Asian Women. Hair Transplantation, Co-editors Shapiro R., Unger M., Unger R., 2011
- Hair Restoration Surgery in Asians, Editor in Chief, Pathomvanich, Imagawa Eds., 2010 Springer.
- Hair transplantation in Asians", Hair transplantation edited by Robert S Haber and Dowling B Stough, 2006
- Hair transplantation in the Asian population: Hair Replacement Surgical and Medical;Dow Stough,Robert Haber p201-205.1996
- Hair transplantation in Textbook of Organ Transplantation Chulalongkorn University Medical School 50 years anniversary, Bangkok, Thailand.
Speaker & Symopsium Participation In Hair Restoration.
- 16th January, “Basics in Hair Restoration Surgery”: Basic Course in Dermatocosmetic Surgery, Mae Fae Luang University
- 21st January, “Hair Transplant in 2020”, International Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology, Bangkok, Thailand
- 26th January, “The Surgical Treatment of Alopecia”, Current Issues in Dermatology, Chulalongkorn University Department of Dermatology, Thailand
- 11-13th May, AAHRS 2nd Annual Scientific Meeting, Seoul, Korea
- Global: State of the Art :Hair Transplantation
1. Advance Review Course for Beginners and Experienced Surgeons: “Donor Harvesting and Closure”
2. Wisdom from the East: “Open Technique”
3. A Debate on Well Done Strip vs. Well Done FUE: A Panel Discussion
1. Live Surgery Workshop, Strip by Dr. Tommy Hwang and FUE by Dr. Jose Lorenzo, Hwang’s Hair-Hair Clinic, Dongwon Building, Shinsa, Gangnam-gu 135-887, Seoul, Korea
2. “Hairline Design”
3. Single or Double Layer Closure: A Panel Discussion
4. Video Theater on FUE (Dr. John Cole)
5. Video Theater on Strip FUT (Dr. Sanjiv Vasa)
- 15th September, “Hair Restoration Surgery in Men and Women”, “Eyebrow and Mustache Transplant , Mae Fae Luang University
- 19th October, Moderator for Eyebrow Transplantation Workshop, ISHRS 20th Annual Scientific Meeting, Bahamas
- 19th October, “Does Epinephrine Influence Effluvium”, ISHRS 20th Annual Scientific Meeting, Bahamas
Awards: Received the 1st Asian Follicle Award by AAHRS in Seoul, Korea
- 24th-26th June, AAHRS First Annual Scientific Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand, Chairman of the Organization
- Welcome message
- Honorary orator: A tie between AAHRS and ISHRS
- Hair cell science and research (moderator)
- Hairline design in Asians (Moderator)
- Slippery grafts, how to manage?
- How to speed graft insertion with less trauma? VDO presentation
- Hair Transplant in different ethnic population (Moderator)
- Open House Discussion: Difficult cases in hair transplantation (Moderator)
- 14th-16th September, ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting, Alaska
1. Psoriasis: Cut or Not to Cut
2. How Deep Should One Score During Donor Harvesting
3. Panel Contest on Hairline Design in Men and Women – Voted as Winner
4. Moderator of Donor Management and Closure
5. Oral Minoxidil
6. Trichorrhexis nodosa
- 25th -27th June 2010, Director, ISHRS Regional Live Surgery Workshop, Bangkok, Thailand
1. Aesthetic Eyebrow Transplantation for Asians
2. Stem Cell and Growth Factor for Hair Loss Treatment, Fact or Fiction
3. Hairline Placement in Asians
Moderator: Q&A, Panel Discussion on the following:
1. The Art and Science of Hair Transplantation
2. How to Set Up a Hair Transplant Clinic
3. Anatomy of Asian Scalp, Follicular Distribution, Scalp Laxity Compared to Caucasians
4. Hairline Placement in Asians
5. How to Administer Local Anesthesia Safely and with Minimal Pain
6. Donor Site Selection and Harvesting with Minimal Transection, Strip Method
7. Donor Site Selection and Harvesting with Minimal Transection, FUE Method
Performed Live Surgery Demonstrations:
1. Hair transplantation female NW class III: 800 grafts
2. Hair transplantation in African descent 400-500 grafts
3. Eyebrow transplantation
- 10th – 12th September, 2nd Annual Scientific Meeting in Hair Restoration Surgery (Haircon) , India
1. Correction of Unacceptable Cosmetic Result in Hair Transplantation
2. Refined Donor Harvesting
3. How to achieve the optimal result in hair transplantation
4. Hair transplantation in Females
5. Rapid Laser-assisted Hairline Design
6. VDO presentation of details in hair transplantation
- 20th -24th October, ISHRS Scientific Meeting, Boston USA
Breakfast with Experts, Table leader on the Topic of “Asian Hair Transplants”
Awards: Received the Golden Follicle Award from the ISHRS
- International Society of Dermatologic Surgery ,Annual meeting,Bangkok, Thailand March 26-29
- Live surgery demonstration in Hair Transplantation
- Hair transplantation in Cicatricial Alopecia
- Current Global Approach and New Trend in Hair Transplantation
- Global: State of the Art :Hair Transplantation
- 17th ISHRS Annual Scientific meeting in Amsterdam
- Laser assisted hairline placement
- Application of Adipose Derived Stem Cell in the treatment of hair loss
- Aesthetic Asia ,Asian scientific conference, Singapore [September 4-5, 2009]
- Guest speaker of “Esthetic Eyebrow Transplantation” Current Global Approach and New Trend in Hair Transplantation
- Correction of cosmetic Problem in Hair Transplantation
- ISHRS Regional Workshop In Seoul, Korea May 4-5.
- Invited speaker on the following topic:
- Optimal hair line for Asian
- Donor harvesting with minimal transaction with trichophytic closure.
- Moderator on panel discussion on management of Norwood VI-VII
- Co-moderator on panel discussion on management of Norwood III-IV
- International Society of Hair Restoration Asian Hair Surgery Regional Workshop in Yokohama, Japan, March 30 - April 1.
- Lecture in Techniques to Achieve Optimal Results in Asians
- Donor Harvesting with Minimal Transection and Minimal to Invisible Scar (DonorDissecting Technique and Modified Trichophytic Donor Closure)
- Moderator in Problem Cases in Hair Restoration surgery.
- Performed 3 live surgery demonstration of open donor harvesting
- SHRS 15th annual scientific meeting in Las Vegas, Sept 26-30.
- Europeon Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, Zurich, Switzerland May 25 -28
- Moderator for donor harvesting with low transection rate.
- Invited speaker on Donor dissecting,revisited.
- Live demonstration on my technique of low transection rate. ISHRS 14th Annual scientific meeting in San Diego, California,USA Oct. 18-22.
- Invited speaker on Asian pearls Live Surgery Workshop of Hair and eyebrow transplantation in Hong Kong - First Asia Pacific Conference on Cutaneous Surgery and Laser Therapy Dec 11-14.
- Dermacon, New Delhi, India, Feb 4 -6,
- Invited speaker to talk on The art and science of Hair transplantation in Asians. Annual ISHRS Scientific Meeting, Sydney, Australia - Aug 22-28
- Moderator on Ethnic hair Invited speaker for advance review course in hair restoration
- Surgery on Donor site management Lecture for residents and staffs at Chulalonkorn University hospital , department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Bangkok, Thailand on Basic science in hair restoration surgery, Nov 25.
- "Hair transplantation: state of the art" in New Frontiers in Dermatology 16th Regional Conference of Dermatology (ASIAN-AUSTRALIAN), 14-17 July, Singapore
- Hair forum 2004 organized by Malaysian Society for Hair Sciences, 13-20 September
- Performed live surgery demonstration workshop at Dr. Wong's clinic, Dr. Pathomvanich personal technique, October 14.
- "Correction of Cosmetic Problems in Hair Transplantation" at International Congress Therapeutic Innovation in Dermatology and Dermato-Cosmetology, October 23-25
- Regional Conference of Dermatology at Raffles City, Singapore
- Invited speaker on State of the art Hair transplantation July 15-16. Annual Scientific Meeting of ISHRS, Vancouver, Canada August 11-15 Dr.Jerry Wong and Hasson office.
- Conducted workshop for beginner on Donor harvesting and wound closure
- Performed Live Demonstration of Dr.D.Pathomvanich personal technique - "Donor Disecting with Open Method: You see what you cut and you cut what you see".
- At 20th HAIR FORUM, The Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. September 18
- Hair & Scalp surgery Whats new?
- Hair & Scalp surgery What can be done?
- Tumescent anesthesia. for scalp surgery What and How?
12th Annual Scientific Meeting, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery October 11-15, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Teaching Hands-on Stations Workshop regarding "How to Excise to Donor Strip and Wound Closer"
- The 9th International Congress of Oriental Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Shiangrila Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. Dec 6-8
- Moderator for hair transplantation panel
- Invited speaker to talk on “My personal technique for hair transplantation”
- Europeon Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, London June 6 9
- Donor harvesting in Black
- 10th Annual ISHRS meeting, Chicago 9-13 Oct
- Direct visualization donor harvesting in African - American
- Hair Forum, Kualalumper,Malaysia Oct. 18-20. The topics presented were
- Hair transplantation in Women
- Complication in Hair Restoration
- Surgical procedure for Male Pattern Baldness
- Hairy Tale from the balding male
- Speaker at Rotary Club regarding hairloss and its treatment at the following province at
- Bangkok (Grand Pacific Sportclub, Sukhumwit)
- First traveling Workshop of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and World Hair Society, Live Hair Transplantation Demonstrations in Taegu, Korea. My personal approach to hair restoration April 28-29.
- Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery, Bangkok, Thailand Nov 11-13.
- Hair transplantation symposium, International College of Surgeons, Bangkok, Thailand. Hair transplantation for general surgeon.
- 6th Asian Congress of Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery, Bangkok, Thailand. A technique in hair transplantation.
- Dermatology Department, Siriraj Hospital, Hair Transplantation
- 1st World Congress on Cosmetic Surgery with Live Surgical Demonstration, Manila, Philippines. Hair transplantation in Asian Feb 25 - 27
- Plastic and Reconstructive Department,Chulalongkorn Hospital, Hair Transplantation, 2000 (1998, 1999)
- The 3rd World Congress of International Society of Aesthetic Surgery, Tokyo, Japan My approach to hair restoration in the Asian men and women April 8-10.
- Annual ISHRS meeting in Dallas.Hair transplantation in the Asian" there are difference"
- Work Shop on Hair transplantation in Asian, Annual ISHRS meeting in Kona Hawaii Nov 30 - Dec 3,
- Intensive Review in Hair Restoration Surgery and Live Surgery at Chulalongkorn University ,Plastic and Reconstructive Department, Jan 23.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Department at Rama Hospital..Hair Transplantation 1998
- Dermatology department,Rama Hospital, Hair Transplantation in 1994, 1996
- Thai Medical Society.. Hair Transplantation April, 1990
- Annual ISHRS meeting in Sanfrancisco. Donor harvesting a new approach to minimizing injury to the hair follicle.
- American Collage of Surgeon
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
Go to top
Attending International Conference
AT HOT SPRING, ARKANSAS IN
Barcelona spain in 1998
Hongkong with Dr. Lawrance field
Miami Florida with Dr. Dow
Stough in 2000
At Dr. Wong's Office Vancouver in 2004
DR. PATHOMVANICH WITH
DR. IMAGAWA AT VANCOUVER IN 2004
Annual meeting of ISHRS at San Francisco
Go to top